Rantings of a College Schoolgirl

Photobucket

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love my Daddy, I love my friends!

I love my Daddy:
I had lunch today with the Daddy, and he lied to my mom that he was shopping at Wal-Mart (hahahaha). We were talking about when I was going to graduate and I was in the process of confessing that I wasn't going to get a job right away and that I wanted to travel.
So I asked him how long he was a ship captain for, (if you didn't know, my daddy was a ship captain and traveled le world!). He said, "Seven years. For seven years.." And I said,
"Dad.. after I graduate I want to travel the world. Then.. i might try to get a job in Japan."
Dad: "Okay"
Me: "Have you been to India?"
Dad: "Yes. But don't go there, it's better to go to Bali, Indonesia."
Me: "You've been there?!"
Dad: "Yes. And Europe is too cold. After you graduate we'll go to the Philippines, so I can see my sisters, ok?"
Me: "OK!"
Then we started to talk about traveling and all the places my dad has gone and where I should go. And how I'm going to spend six months working fulltime before we travel so I can pay off my bills and such.
Talking to my dad about traveling almost made me cry in the restaurant, because he didn't judge e on where I should be going, or what i "should be" doing. He just accepts me, and my decisions and that makes him the best daddy ever. :)

I love my friends:
Yesterday I was explaining to one of my male friends how much weight I lost this past week with Weight Watchers, and.. he's been with me with all my dieting endeavors. And he only had to say one thing.."You, know, I'm so proud of you."
When there are friends out there who want you to do good, and guys who back you up like that through whatever? It's probably.. no.. it is, the best feeling one can ever go through..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous that you have such a supportive father...but i am also happy that you have such an awesome dad.

same with the friends thing. you're lucky. my "best friend" in tallahassee has to top everything you say and do. its awful.

BUT, go to italy in the summer with your pops. he won't say its cold. AT ALL.

keep on keepin on, sex bomb!

<333

Anonymous said...

Im a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
Im a racing car passing by like lady godiva
Im gonna go go go
There's no stopping me