Rantings of a College Schoolgirl

Photobucket

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yay! One Month Anniversary of Vegetarianism!

I'm glad it fell on a Saturday, because it just so happens that I got to go to the local Hydroponic Farm, picked some produce and had time to cook my first tofu dinner! YES!

FIRST:
I wanted to go to a local farm so I could support local food (as opposed to the same type of lettuce in Publix/WinnDixie that was shipped from Argentina and take 10x as much gas to get to the same place). Also hydroponic growing uses minimal amounts of water (tower planting), and minimal amounts of soil. Let me find a picture of hydroponic growing... This is what it looks like. They give you a little bucket and a small pair of shears, and this is your grocery Aisle! It's so awesome. (There is a picture of my actual lettuce from dinner before i chopped it off in the below slideshow). Yeah, and i totally just handpicked some rosemary, and i got to choose my strawberries- by cutting them, not be looking through the plastic container looking for the box with minimal bruising. I still had to go to Sweetbay Supermarker afterwards for some extra stuff, and it made me sad looking at produce in their bags, all suffocating and shit.


So here is a slideshow of my dinner! If you place your cursor over the picture, it'll give you a description. OH And try to start with the picture of all the food laid out.


SECONDLY:
Just some small updates. Still working out likea fien. The more i workout with Chalene with Turbo Ja, the more i like her. It's an addicting workout.. but a good addicting not weird addicting. I just got a pilates video from Netflix, i'm kind of worried because i've never done pilates and it also has the word "burn" in the title. LOOK FORWARD TO IT... :) lol. Uh.. and here are some sorta old pictures from way earlier this month and .. earlier. Of course, highlight the picture if you want details on it.

No comments: